EMSA has issued its 2nd Healthcare Heat Inform of 2022.
On Saturday, EMSA stated medics responded to five suspected heat-similar illness phone calls in the Oklahoma City region as of 6 p.m. They mentioned four of all those phone calls ended with the patients transported to the clinic.
In a statement, EMSA encourages everyone to choose warmth safeguards about the weekend and into the week while temperatures are high.
EMS also provided the pursuing basic safety suggestions:
- PRE-HYDRATION is key in preventing heat-associated disease. Consume a great deal of h2o or electrolyte substitute beverages many hrs prior to and all through lengthy exposure to the summertime heat.
- Dress in gentle-coloured, free-fitting apparel and a extensive-brimmed hat if performing outside and acquire loads of shade breaks
- No alcohol or caffeine
- If you do not have air conditioning, come across a cooling station or general public area (this kind of as libraries or malls) during the working day
- Don’t limit your use of air conditioning
- Use the buddy procedure if operating outside and check out on elderly neighbors
- Maintain a mobile phone on you at all times when outside, together with going for walks, running day by day errands, lawn do the job or sporting activities and actual physical exercise
EMSA mentioned the warmth notify will continue being in result until finally the temperatures and/or warmth-associated contact quantity decrease substantially.